Shenzhen is one of China’s most important manufacturing bases and one of the largest electronics production bases in the world. It’s also becoming recognized as the go-to place for fast product development, plus, being a leading region for the development of Apps and the ‘Internet of Things’.
Major trade fairs held in Shenzhen include
- CHTF China Hi-Tech Fair
- International Jewellery Fair
- China (Shenzhen) Gift and Home Product Fair
- CMEF Autumn-China International Medical Equipment Fair
- FILM Expo / APFO Expo China – China International High-Performance Film Manufacture Tech Ex
- China eHealth Show-International Medical Electronics and Personal Health Management Industry Expo
- AAITF-China International Automotive Aftermarket Industry and Tuning Trade Fair
- SIFE-Shenzhen International Furniture Exhibition
- ICIF-China (Shenzhen) International Cultural Industries Fair
- CWCF-China Watch and Clock Fair
- CPSE-China Public Security Expo
- Shenzhen Hometex-Home Furnishing Expo
- SIMM-Shenzhen International Machinery Manufacturing Industry Exhibition
- Shenzhen International Trade Fair for Apparel Fabrics and Accessories
Most all exhibitions are held at the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center (SZCEC). Soon there will be a new exhibition center near the airport, Shenzhen World Exhibition and Conference Centre (SWECC)
Huaqianbei is home to one of the world’s largest wholesale/retail electronic component and retail product marketplaces, along with factories located throughout Bao’an district and beyond.
There is also a large jewelry production base, Shuibei Jewelry park, in the Longgang area (gold, silver, jade, costume).
The Maker scene in Shenzhen is booming, it’s a very special city where if you have an idea, this city has the components, manufacturers, and the skills to put it into a working model in record time, at low cost.
It’s home to the Maker Faire, held yearly, where tech enthusiasts, scientists, craftsmen and entrepreneurs gather to showcase innovation, creation, and collaboration. Learn More: http://www.makerfaireshenzhen.com
At Huaqiangbei you can find the International Maker Center which covers some 500 sqm and is home to 10+ teams.
Another is Chaihuo located at OCT Loft http://www.chaihuo.org, there is also https://hax.co, http://www.techspace.cn, https://szdiy.org and many more who are all a part of the booming maker community that is re-inventing Made in China.
If you have any wholesale trade inquiries, including:
- – Product sourcing in Shenzhen (and Guangdong)
- – Locating manufacturers and obtaining quotes
- – Negotiate prices, lead time and minimum order quantity
- – Communicate expectations, goals and develop an understanding with manufacturer/designer
- – Factory inspection tours
- – Interpreter/guide services
Then it’s well worth your time to hook up with a local, there are many who work for themselves and offer trade agent services as noted above. You can also find many companies, large and small, who offer buying services and trade negotiation and so on.
Another option is Alibaba where you can search all of China’s accredited manufacturers and suppliers here, and search by location to find a direct connection to Shenzhen-based manufacturers.