Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center (SZCEC) is located in the CBD of Shenzhen in Futian District and is one of the largest exhibition centers in China. It has 6 floors and stretches lengthways for some 540 meters and widthways some 282 meters. In total it can accommodate 5000 international standard booths.
Chinese Name: 深圳会展中心
Address: Jintian Rd, Futian CBD, Futian District, Shenzhen 广东省深圳市福田区福田CBD金田路
Getting to the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center (SZCEC)
take line 1 or 4 to Exhibition Center Station (会展中心) and take exit D then walk about 4 minutes.
From Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport, you can take line 11 to Futian Station, and either take exit 10 and then walk another 12 minutes (total 20 mins walk) or take a 7-minute cab ride costing around 12 RMB. You can also take line 4 from Futian Station to Shopping Park Station and transfer to line 1 and head to Exhibition Center Station.
A taxi from Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport would take around 50 minutes and cost around 100 RMB
From Hong Kong to Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center (SZCEC)
Option 1 – take the East Rail line to Lok Ma Chau, cross the border, then take metro line 4 to Exhibition Center Station.
Option 3 – take a cross-border coach through Huanggang Port and a short taxi ride to the exhibition center.
From Guangzhou to Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center (SZCEC)
Hotels near Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center (SZCEC)
I will present three picks that are all superb places to stay and within a few minutes walk of the exhibition center. You can also see more of my top picks for places to stay in Futian here.
The five-star Ritz Carlton is without any doubt one of the nicest hotels in Shenzhen and it’s location makes it very hard to beat especially if you’ll be exhibiting or visiting at the SZCEC being only a few minutes walk away. There are 4 restaurants and a cafe on site, very well equipped gym, the rooftop pool is superb, spa and massage, sauna, meeting facilities, and rooms with city views.
The five-star Four Seasons is one of the highest rated hotels in the city, it’s modern, well equipped, and renowned for great food and service. If offers indoor and outdoor pools, jacuzzi, sauna, full-service spa, massage, and gym.
The Wongtee lacks the polish that large luxury chain hotels have refined over the years but regardless, it’s not a bad choice and super close to the exhibition center. Features an amazing outdoor swimming pool offering city views, a well-equipped gym, sauna, steam room, and Japanese and Chinese restaurant on site. It’s also located above a small modern mall that offers even more dining options.
Nearby the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center (SZCEC)
- Intown Plaza – small modern mall offering a lot of casual eateries on B1 and F1 including a Starbucks
- Wongtee Plaza – a large modern mall that features loads of eateries including Starbucks, Gaga (popular local cafe), and fashion stores.
- Coco Park – one of the largest and most popular mall/leisure centers in Shenzhen. Loads of dining options, movie cinema, supermarket, coffee shops.
- Ping’an Financial Center – the new supertall skyscraper with an observation deck
Trade Fairs and Exhibitions
The SZCEC is home to several major national and international trade fairs including
- CHTF China Hi-Tech Fair
- International Jewellery Fair
- Shenzhen-Hong Kong-Macao International Automobile Expo
- New Energy and Smart Car Expo
- China (Shenzhen) Gift and Home Product Fair
- CMEF Autumn-China International Medical Equipment Fair
- FILM Expo / APFO Expo China – China International High-Performance Film Manufacture Tech Ex
- AAITF-China International Automotive Aftermarket Industry and Tuning Trade Fair
- SIFE-Shenzhen International Furniture Exhibition
- ICIF-China (Shenzhen) International Cultural Industries Fair
- CWCF-China Watch and Clock Fair
- CPSE-China Public Security Expo
- Shenzhen Hometex-Home Furnishing Expo
- Shenzhen International Trade Fair for Apparel Fabrics and Accessories
- China (Shenzhen) International Tea Industry Expo
- Shenzhen Cartoon and Animation Festival
- Shenzhen International Internet of Things Exhibition
- China International Optoelectronic Expo
- Shenzhen International Automobile Exhibition